Date : July 2014
- This workshop is the first of its kind to be conducted for the visually challenged youth in Tamil Nadu.
- With the perspective to sensitize the employments in both audio and visual Media and to highlight the necessary qualifications required to fetch such employments for the visually impaired youth, Rotaract Club of Drishti had conducted a one-day Workshop on Voice and Non-voice based employments in Media on 13 07 2014 (Sunday) at RR Towers 3, Guindy, Chennai.
- Team of professionals led by Mr. Dheena from Academy of Radio Studies conducted the workshop chairing different sessions such as being an RJ, Voice –Over Artist, Script Writing and so on.
- The workshop was inaugurated by Dr Gowri, Professor and head, Dept of Media Science and Director, Anna Community Radio, Anna University, Chennai.
- Mr. Vinoth Rajesh, Documentary Film Maker, Anna University, graced the occasion as the guest of Honour. Mr. Kalaianban, Senior Programmed Executive, AIR, was the chief guest and Mr. Jeevanandam, Director, Thendral Community Radio, Chennai was the Guest of Honour during the valedictory function.
- The workshop received a healthy response and more than 56 students participated in a healthy way.
- After an overview of all the basics of the workshop during the morning, the students were assigned to perform a new caption along with a promo for their creative Radio FM during the evening.
- Their creativity was displayed through fine Demos by the participants. On the whole, this new venture, i.e. this workshop provided a new feel and instilled confidence in the minds of the visually impaired to pursue new employments.