Date: 09 – 07 – 2016
KV Tech – Fair 2016 (Karna Vidya Tech – Fair 2016) was inaugurated by Dr. Harish L. Metha, Chairman, Indian Red Cross Society, Tamil Nadu. Three schools namely St. Louis School for the blind, Adyar, Government Hr. Secd. School for the blind, Poonammallee and Litter Flower Convent (LFC), Teynampet has participated.
250 visually impaired children had got benefit from the Tech – Fair. Tech – Fair highlighted the Assistive devices that facilitate an accessible and independent learning atmosphere for the visually impaired.
Date: 10 – 07 – 2016
C To C – Campus To Career workshop was inaugurated by Ms. Divyashree, Deputy Collector, Thiruvallur. Final year pursuing UG/ PG visually impaired and job seekers of the visually impaired participated in this two day Career Sensitization Workshop.
The objective of this workshop is to sensitize and provide practical hands on experience on different job profiles which is suitable for the visually impaired in IT and IT Enabling Services (ITES).
- Trainees were trained on corporate environment and social inclusion.
- Enabled participant to exhibit the inherent potentials with reference to work place.
- Interaction with real life role models with specific job profiles from private firms.
Date: 11 – 07- 2016
The third day of the workshop includes:
- Employability skillset and suitable job profiles are explained with examples.
- Provided on experience using Assistive Devices/ Technologies.
- Work Place Solutions are provided to specific work environment.
- Trainees are made to stage on short skit on different job profiles.
- Finally, the valedictory address was given by Mr. Purushothaman, Director, NASSCOM, Chennai and Devadar, IAS, Anand Kumar. Nearly fifty students got participated and gained knowledge about different jobs for the visually impaired.