Date : 6 Oct 2012
- Held at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mylapore, the workshop aimed to open a new window for the visually challenged students.
- It is aimed at educating the visually challenged on the skills required to engage themselves in Tamil journalism, to help create employment opportunities for visually challenged in journalism and media.
- The workshop was co-sponsored by Tamil monthly magazine(Parivu).
- The speakers were practitioners in Tamil journalism and they provided very relevant sessions on Journalism and Ethics, News gathering and Recording, Audio-Visual Media and News Prioritizing and Editing, etc.
- A demo of independent computer usage by visually challenged was conducted to familiarize using computers to read and write in Tamil.