Date : 13 July 2015
- In order to infuse scientific temper amongst the visually impaired school students (pursuing 7-10th Standards), Rotaract Club of Drishti conducts a one day Workshop on Science Learning on the 13 07 2015 at St Louis School for the blind, Adyar.
- The programme was inaugurated by Mr Ramesh, Civil Engineer and Mrs Kalaimani Babu.
- During his address, the chief guest insisted on developing the Scientific temperament among the school children.
- He also requested everyone to focus on bringing in accessible technologies/devices/environment to enable the visually impaired pursue science subjects in higher education.
- All the sessions on Chemistry, Physics and Byology were handled by Chakchumathi, an NGO working towards inculcating science learning among the visually impaired.
- The sessions were modeled on practical demos and at the end of the day, the students were taught to design a Wind-Mill using small day-to-day materials.
- During the valedictory function, all the 70 student participants expressed their happiness and interest to further their Scientific pursuits in their higher education.
- They were given certificates along with a Science Kit. The function was graced by the GM, IOB, Chennai who, in his speech, has appreciated the enthusiasm of the students and extended his support for all the endeavours for their educational betterment.