Job Based Computer Training For Visually Impaired.
Karna Vidya Foundation in Collaboration with Kalasalingam University is conducting this Vocational Centric Computer Training (VCCT]
Course Name: Vocational Centric Computer Training
Course Code : VCC2JA1801
Duration : 6 Months
Timings : 9:15 AM – 6:00 PM, Monday – Saturday
Training Venue: Kalasalingam University, Sriviliputur
Seats : 30
Course Fee : No Course Fee
Accommodation will be provided in PG or Hostel based on request.
Assistance will be provided in getting employment for eligible candidates based on their performance
Any visually impaired person with graduation will be permitted.Even equivalent diploma holders may be considered on an exceptional basis.
Age should not be more than 35 years
Only those Visually Impaired who can dedicate their full time for the entire course and Employment should apply.
- Life skills – Social competencies, overcoming disability, Managing conflicts, Effective work habits etc.
- English training – Business Communication Skills (Spoken and Written) emphasis on error free writing.
- Computers – Basic Computer concepts, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Internet – Browsing, Mailing and Data Sourcing
Assistive Technology/ Devices
- Miscellaneous concepts – Scanning and Reading, Printing documents, , Physical connections of computer, trouble shooting etc,.
- Employability training – Disability specifics, overcome their disability, General employability ethics, work ethics, Introduction to varied job profiles and Role Simulations
- Projects on Employability – Helps the overall development of the candidate.
1. Computers with Windows 7 operating system and Office 2010,
2. Latest NVDA
3. Audio files
4. Training Manuals and Student manuals
5. Self based exercises for each concept.
6. Weekly tests and final assessment test.
7. Designed Curriculum with employment aspects.
8. Tactile Diagrams
9. Hands on experience through role simulations
Field visits to the bank, shopping malls, ATM’s etc where candidates learn about the usage of computers in different fields.
Candidates also carry out project work which involves requirements gathering, planning, status reporting and execution.
20 hours of community project and employment project is mandatory.
The duration of the course is 6 months. (3 months Basic Foundation & 2 months Skilled Employability and one month focused Training on Job modules)
Three month will be focused on typing, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, Spellings, mobility, awareness of assistive aids and work environment. Basic computers with English communication, mobility, employability and life skills.
The next 2 months will be skilled employability training.
Last month will focus on training Job Modules
Seats are available on first come first serve basis
Candidates qualifying both in the telephonic and personal interview will only be admitted
For further queries get in touch with us:
Karna Vidya Foundation,
Ground Floor, RR Tower 3,
Thiru VI Ka Industrial Estate,
Guindy Chennai 600032.
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Admin : +91 9840018012
Chief Trainer : +91 9789 800 794
Introduction to Karna Vidya Foundation (KVF):
Karna Vidya Foundation is a non-profit registered trust working with the motto “Empowerment through Employment” for the Visually Impaired across Tamil Nadu. Through our varied vocation centric courses, so far we have placed Fifty three candidates in IT, ITES, Banking and Telecom Industries.
Providing professional training courses for securing employability skill set to get employed in IT and other prime departments.
Skill Set Training will be provided focusing different job Modules
Hands on experience will be given to every trainee in specific job profiles based on their skill set
“BE THE CHANGE! ENGAGE TECHNOLOGY AND GAIN COMPETENCY!”
Introduction to Vocational Centric Computer Training [VCCT]:
This is an initiative from Karna Vidya Foundation in collaboration With Kalasalingam University, Sriviliputur, towards giving quality computer training for visually impaired people who have completed their studies and are seeking job.
Main goal of this course is to make the candidate employable through computer competencies, English Communication Skills and Employability Skillset.