Date: 15 Feb 2015
Venue: Loyola College Ground
- With the objective to establish and strengthen the sportsmanship among the visually impaired youth, Retract Club of Drishti, for the fourth consecutive year, conducted the State Level Volleyball Tournament on 15 02 2015 (Sunday) at Loyola College ground. Out of the 11 teams participated, 8 were from other districts.
- A state Wheelchair Tennis Player and 2 Wheelchair Tennis Players inaugurated the tournament at 08 30 am.
- Followed by the captain’s meet, the league matches were conducted in the morning.
- The semis and finals happened in the afternoon.MR Mohan, VP, Cognizant Outreach, greeted and initiated the finals between Thanjavur and Vilupuram Teams.
- During the valedictory function, Thanjavur team, the winners of the tournament, was awarded with cash prize, certificates and a shield .
- The runners-up was Vilupuram team and they were also awarded with cash prize and certificates. MR Mohan, VP, Cognizant Outreach, gave an inspiring speech that motivated each and everyone.
- The special moment during the valediction was the honors done to mam jyothi maggu, the young visually impaired international athelete. Members from Thozhan Foundation, DR Prabhu, first visually impaired RTD Principal, Rotarians and other well-wishers graced the evening.
- Since 08 00 am in the morning, 20 volunteers from Cognizant Outreach, did a tremendous help in arranging and organizing the tournament.
- They did the registrations, Scoring, assisting the visually impaired for several requirements filling in the certificates and so on. Nearly 10 and half hours their volunteering continued ceaselessly.
- The support and guidance rendered by Cognizant Outreach, Thozhan Foundation and Rotarians was really enabling and empowering us.
- Drishti salutes their unparalleled service wholeheartedly.