Date : August 2013
One-Day Seminar on the Artistry of upbringing or Parents counseling is a unique Endeavour of our club. It aims at relieving psychological impediments of the parents of the visually challenged students. This programme is conducted for the second consecutive year.
Objectives of the programme
- Make parents accept reality.
- Drive out misconceptions about physically challenged children,
- Identify hidden potentials of their children
- Acquaint parents with the methods of proper upbringing so that
children grow up to be potential members of the family and best citizens
- Infuse a sense of optimism which will make life meaningful to them
and to their society.
The programme took place on the 31st [Saturday] August 2013 at Sethu Bhaskara MHSS.It was addressed by a psychologist, academicians and successful visually challenged personalities on the following topics:
- Effective Housekeeping
- Educational opportunities and employment possibilities
- Social Skills
- Assistive technology in service of the visually challenged
Around 35 parents participated in this event and got benefited.