Parallel music fest 2014
- Drishti got an opportunity to co-organize with the rotary club of madras coromandel, super singer competition for a second consecutive year.
- Nearly 75 visually impaired youth across Tamilnadu participated, and staged their artistic expertise in classical vocal, light music vocal and light music instrumental to the audience.
- The prelims held at Adayar youth hostel, and the finals at Music academy Chennai.
- The winners of that three categories dewly appreciated and awarded during the parallel music fest award function Kalai mamani H Ramakrishnan, MR. Murali [The Hindu] and Sangeetha Kalanithi 2014, graced the Function at music academy mini hall Chennai.
Parallel Music Fest 9th December 2013
- Drishti in coordination with it’s parent club RCMC has conducted the parallel music fest very successfully on 9th December 2013 at the Music Academy, Main Auditorium.
- Having received a good response from the visually challenged artists during 2012, RCMC, for the first time, conducted Super Singer Competition for the visually challenged youngsters between 13 to 25 of age.
- The competition was conducted under 3 categories namely: Classical Vocal, Light Music Vocal and Light Music Instrumental.
- Students in large numbers participated across schools and colleges in Tamilnadu and won several prizes Ms. Akshaya and Ms. Gomathi won the Super Singer 2013 Shield in Classical Vocal and Light Music Vocal respectively.
Parallel Music Fest December 2012
- On the 3rd of December 2012, on the occasion International Disability day, the club in cooperation with Rotary Club of Madras Coromandel, conducted a Parallel classical music fest by budding visually challenged Carnatic singers at the Music Academy, Mylapore.
- This gave singers greater confidence and an opportunity to exhibit their inherent potentials and this was well-appreciated by the audience.
- This was organized to exhibit the inherent talent of the visually challenged budding singers.