Medical camp 2014
- The one-day Medical Camp on Eye, Dental and General Health for the visually impaired on 16 08 2014 (Saturday) at RR Towers 4, Guindy, organized by Rotary Club of Coromandel jointly with Rotaract Club of Drishti, received a decent response from the visually impaired community.
- Team of doctors from Chettinad Health City and Rajan Eye Care led by Mrs. Leela and Mr. Balaji respectively did a thorough check-up to the participants and had provided them with clear medical prescription to follow up.
- All the 78 attended participants got enlightened themselves about health and hygiene. Also, some have even expressed their willingness to pursue their treatment further.
- Volunteers from Cognizant Outreach and MIT Engineering students did an excellent work by ensuring a smooth conduct of the event. Drishti honoured the doctors and volunteers with a small memento as a token of appreciation at the end of the day.
- Rtn Suresh, President RCMC, Rtn Bala, Rtn Ravi and Rtn Ganeshan Subbiah graced the event with their precious presence. Rtn Kavitha and Rtn PS Suresh conveyed their best wishes and inquired the details of the event.
Eye Screening camp
Report on One day General Medical Camp and Eye Camp for the visually impaired
Date : 16 08 2015
- As we are aware, adult blindness and Low vision have become more prevalent in today’s world. In order to retain the vision and take corrective medical measures for those low vision or partially sighted students, Drishti in coordination with its parent club RCMC had conducted an Eye-Screening camp at Rajan Eyecare Hospital.
- Five students per day, for eleven days, participated in this camp and had undergone necessary corrective measures. Another special feature of the camp is that a special talk was arranged on 26
- Five students per day, for eleven days, participated in this camp and had undergone necessary corrective measures. Another special feature of the camp is that a special talk was arranged on 26th July 2013.
- Dr Sujata Mohan, founder and Managing Director of Rajan Eye care gave an informative and thought provoking speech on “Eyesight: it’s protection and recent developments.”
- The corrective medical measures prescribed to the students by the hospital were also taken care by RCMC.
- For the 3rd consequtive year, Drishti, in association with Chettinadu Health City and Rajan Eyecare, had conducted a one day general medical camp and eye camp for the visually impaired.
- Nearly 50 visually impaired of all ages got benefited from the camp. They were well screened and provided with necessary medicines at the end of the day.
- A few were also informed to visit the respective hospitals for further treatment for free of cost. Well-wishers and supporters of drishti attended the camp and registered their appreciations to the club.