Since the inception of Karna Vidya Reading Centre, over the years, a lot of useful material was collected through the volunteers. In 2003, it was felt that the next logical step forward would be setting up of a dedicated library – which would exclusively cater to the needs of the visually challenged and could be used as a database and a reference centre.
Karna Vidya Library was established in 2003 whose services include:
- Circulation of academic contents in the form of Cassettes/CD/MP3.
- Acquiring resources including books, Braille transcripts and audio recordings.
- Recording, dubbing and digitization of academic contents.
- Book circulation.
- Procuring and providing audio recording and listening devices to deserving candidates.
- The centre has sophisticated machines such as Sara, (scanning And Reading Appliances)which scans a book and reads it out for the blind.
- The centre has DAISY(Digital Access Information System), by which audio books can be stored and played later, either chapter by chapter or para by para.
- The students are also taught to use the internet with support of special screen reading software.
Karna Vidya Library,
GB, Ground Floor,
Old No.9 / New No.17, Padmanabha View Apartments
Gandhinagar 1st cross street, Adayar,
Mobile 93810 04365
Mobile 98402 31910
Working Saturday 09.30AM to 01.30PM (IST)
Back-office Tuesdays 09.30AM to 01.30PM (IST)