Job Based Computer Training For Visually Impaired
17 Jul, 2017 - 31 Dec, 2017
Job Based Computer Training For Visually Impaired – Career Centric Computer Training
Date: 17th July, 2017 – 30th Dec, 2017
Venue : Karna Vidya Foundation, Ground Floor- RR Towers III, Thiru-Vi-Ka Industrial Estate,Guindy, Chennai – 600 032.Tamil Nadu | India.
Karna Vidya Foundation in Collaboration with Enable India is conducting this Career Centric Computer Training (CCCT). The new batch for Career Centric Computer Training (CCCT) for the visually impaired will commence on 19- 07 – 2017 (Thursday).
- Providing professional training courses for securing employability skill set to get employed in IT and other prime departments.
- Skill Set Training will be provided focusing different job Modules
- Hands on experience will be given to every trainee in specific job profiles based on their skill set “BE THE CHANGE! ENGAGE TECHNOLOGY AND GAIN COMPETENCY!”
Introduction to Career Centric Computer Training (CCCT):
This is an initiative from Karna Vidya Foundation collaborated With Enable India team towards giving quality computer training for visually impaired people who have completed their studies and are seeking job.
Main goal of this course is to make the candidate employable through computer competencies, English Communication Skills and Employability Skillset.
- Life skills – Social competencies, overcoming disability, Managing conflicts, Effective work habits etc.
- English training – Business Communication Skills (Spoken and Written) emphasis on error free writing.
- Computers – Basic Computer concepts, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Internet – Browsing, Mailing and Data Sourcing
- Assistive Technology/ Devices
- Miscellaneous concepts – Scanning and Reading, Printing documents, CD Burning, Physical connections of computer, trouble shooting etc,.
- Employability training – Disability specifics, overcome their disability, General employability ethics, work ethics, Introduction to varied job profiles and Role Simulations
- Projects on Employability – Helps the overall development of the candidate.
- Computers with Windows 7 operating system and Office 2010,
- Latest NVDA.
- Audio files
- Training Manuals and Student manuals
- Self based exercises for each concept
- Weekly tests and final assessment test.
- Designed Curriculum with employment aspects
- Tactile Diagrams and Hands on experience through role simulations.
Field visits to the bank, shopping malls, ATM’s etc where candidates learn about the usage of computers in different fields.
Candidates also carry out project work which involves requirements gathering, planning, status reporting and execution.
20 hours of community project and employment project is mandatory.
The duration of the course is 6 months. (3 months Basic Foundation & 2 months Skilled Employability and one month focused Training on Job modules)
Three month will be focused on typing, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, Spellings, mobility, awareness of assistive aids and work environment. Basic computers with English communication, mobility, employability and life skills.
The next 2 months will be skilled employability training.
Last month will be focused Training on Job Modules
Timings : 9:15 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday – Saturday
Start Date : 19 07 2017 (Thursday)
Training Venue: Karna Vidya Technology Centre, an Entity of Karna Vidya Foundation, Guindy, Chennai
Seats : 30
Course Fee : No Course Fee
Accommodation will be provided in PG or Hostel based on request.
Assistance will be provided in getting employment for eligible candidates based on their performance
Any visually impaired person with graduation or equivalent diploma. PUC/+2 pass candidates may be considered on an exceptional basis.
Age should not be more than 35 years .
Only that Visually Impaired who can dedicate their full time for the entire course and Employment should apply.
Persons who are waiting to join other courses/education/employment during this period that is July 2017 to January 2018 are not eligible to join the course.
The last date for registration is 12th July 2017
Students got admitted for the course should report the centre on 18th July 2017 (Wednesday).
Seats are available on first come first serve basis.
Candidates qualifying both in the telephonic and personal interview will only be admitted.
For further enquiry or clarifications about the Training call
Admin – +91 9361 666 006 or Chief Trainer +91 9789 800 794 or email at email@example.com
About KVF :
In India, opportunities and accessibility for the visually challenged needs a lot of improvement. This reality and a deep desire among RCMCians to do their bit for a section of the visually challenged society, who was looking for support in whatever form to enable them to step up and take their rightful place in this world, was the seed that led to the launch of “Karna Vidya”.
Karna Vidya Foundation
Ground floor- RR Towers III,
Thiru-Vi-Ka Industrial Estate,
Guindy, Chennai – 600 032.