Date : 05 September 2015
- With the t title “Artistry of Upbringing”, the Rotaract Club of Drishti, for the 4th consequtive year, had conducted a one day counseling programme for the parents of the visually impaired on 05 09 2015 at Sethupathi Higher Secondary School, Madurai.
- During the inauguration function, Patti Mandram Pugazh Mr Raja highlighted on the essentialness of upbringing and integration of the visually impaired child with the family.
- Sessions on counseling, educational opportunities, Assistive Technology, and employment possibilities enabled the parents to understand the need and scope for future progress of their children. All the sessions were chaired by experts in the respective fields.
- During the valedictory function in the evening, Professor and Media personality Dr K gnyana Sambandhan spoke about the capabilities and strengths of the visually impaired and encouraged the parents to take their children to greater heights in life. 70 parents in and around Madurai attended this programme and got benefited.
- They were given handouts on the resources available for the visually impaired in terms of education and employment.Sethupathi School correspondent and a few well-wishers of Drishti graced the programme with their precious presence.