Date : 6 September 2014
- With the view to sensitize the parents of the visually challenged on the current possibilities and opportunities in terms of Education and Employment, Drishti conducted a One-Day Counselling programme for the parents of the visually challenged on 6th September 2014 at Amalarakkini School for the blind, Arni.
- Around 90 parents participated and got benefited from this programme. In fact, this is the first time of its kind to do a counseling programme for the parents of the visually challenged and that too in outside Chennai District.
- There were sessions on Courses and Careers, Assistive Technology, Counseling by a psychologist, Life Skills and inspirational talks, conducted by visually challenged resource persons.
- At the end of the programme, the parents were given a pamphlet highlighting the essentialness of the Artistry of Upbringing the visually challenged.
- Rtn Thirumaran, Rotary club of Arni, Rtn Thiyagarajan, Rotary club of Arni Fort, Brother Levea, Correspondent and HM and Rtn Sivachandran, Rotary club of uva graced the occasion by their valuable presence.