About the Course
- Karna Vidya Technology Centre is a partner organization of Enable India, Bengaluru. So, as a partner organization, the centre conducts Enable India Course in TamilNadu for the benefit of the visually impaired across the state.
- Computer Training for the visually impaired is the greatest form of empowerment which opens up the world to them: a world of information (aiding research, education, daily living, recreation), people, jobs, books (print to voice).
- Computer training involves training on Computer Basics, MS office applications, Internet using the JAWS & NVDA screen reading software which are talking software that aid the visually impaired to “hear” everything that a sighted person would “read”.
- This is an initiative from Enable India team towards giving quality computer training for visually impaired people who have completed their studies and are seeking job.
- Main goal of this course is to make the candidate employable by providing computer knowledge and making them efficient in using computers independently. This will increase the employment opportunities, betterment of existing job, and for higher studies.
- Life skills and life education training for both career and life: personal competencies, overcoming disability, managing conflicts, effective work habits etc.
- English training: spoken and written communication, business communication and heavy emphasis is to enhance spellings.
- Computers: basic computers with Microsoft Office applications like MS word, excel, outlook, power point, and internet.
- Miscellaneous concepts like scanning and reading, Printing documents, CD Burning, Physical connections of computer, trouble shooting etc…
- Employability training: disability specifics which will enable candidates to overcome their disability, General employability fundamentals which will enable them to work efficiently on the computer,
- Job simulation and real – life projects which will help candidates to know about different jobs.
- Introduction to Daisy
- Other Supplementary concepts
- Fun and Entertainment
- The duration of the course is 6 months. (4 months Basic Foundation & 2 months Skilled Employability)
- First month will be focused on typing, listening comprehension, Spellings, mobility, awareness of assistive aids and work environment.
- The next 3 months will be focused on basic computer operations with Windows application. And, English communication, mobility, employability and life skills are additional subjects.
- The last 2 months will be skilled employability training for vocational skills enhancement.
Duration : 6 Months (4 months Basic Foundation & 2 months Skilled Employability training)
Timings : 9.15 a.m. – 5.15 PM, Monday – Saturday
Seats : 20 Seats based on First come First Serve basis
Premise : Karna Vidya Technology Centre, Guindy, Chennai
Course Fee : FREE
Assistance will be provided in getting employment for eligible candidates based on their course assessment performance
- Any Visually Impaired person with graduation or equivalent diploma for CCCT, PUC / +2 pass candidates may be considered on an exception basis.
- Maximum age limit is 35 years
- Visually Impaired persons who can dedicate their full time for the entire course duration for their career benefits should apply
Candidates have to call KVTC front office (Mobile number: 09840018012) and register for the course. Alternatively, send an email with full information on their contact and qualification infos to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com