Timings : 9:15 AM – 6:00 PM, Monday – Saturday
Start Date : 19 01 2018
Training Venue: Karna Vidya Technology Centre, an Entity of Karna Vidya Foundation, Guindy, Chennai
Seats : 30
Course Fee : No Course Fee
This is an initiative from Karna Vidya Foundation collaborated With Enable India team towards giving quality computer training for visually impaired people who have completed their studies and are seeking job.
Any visually impaired person with graduation will be admitted and Even equivalent diploma holders, +2 pass candidates may be considered on exceptional basis.
Age should not be more than 35 years
Only those Visually Impaired who can dedicate their full time for the entire course and Employment should apply
Persons who are waiting to join other courses/education/employment during this period that is January 2018 to July 2018 are not eligible to join the course.
Main goal of this course is to make the candidate employable through computer competencies, English Communication Skills and Employability Skillset.
- Life skills – Social competencies, overcoming disability, Managing conflicts, Effective work habits etc
- English training – Business Communication Skills (Spoken and Written) emphasis on error free writing.
- Computers – Basic Computer concepts, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Internet – Browsing, Mailing and Data Sourcing
- Assistive Technology/ Devices
- Miscellaneous concepts – Scanning and Reading, Printing documents, Physical connections of computer, trouble shooting etc,.
- Employability training – Disability specifics, overcome their disability, General employability ethics, work ethics, Introduction to varied job profiles and Role Simulations
- Projects on Employability – Helps the overall development of the candidate.
The benefit of this course is that the visually impaired will not only get trained in the above mentioned job skills but also based on his/ her performance at the end of the course, we will be placed in a suitable job.
This course is of six months duration between Monday and Saturday. Any visually impaired graduates or 12th passed out committed students for jobs can apply (link)
- Computers with Windows 7 operating system and Office 2010,
- Latest NVDA
- Audio files
- Training Manuals and Student manuals
- Self based exercises for each concept.
- Weekly tests and final assessment test.
- Designed Curriculum with employment aspects.
- Tactile Diagrams
- Hands on experience through role simulations
Field visits to the bank, shopping malls, ATM’s etc where candidates learn about the usage of computers in different fields.
Candidates also carry out project work which involves requirements gathering, planning, status reporting and execution.
20 hours of community project and employment project is mandatory.
The duration of the course is 6 months. (3 months Basic Foundation & 2 months Skilled Employability and one month focused Training on Job modules)
Three month will be focused on typing, listening comprehension, reading comprehension, Spellings, mobility, awareness of assistive aids and work environment. Basic computers with English communication, mobility, employability and life skills.
The next 2 months will be skilled employability training.
Last month will focus on training Job Modules
Accommodation will be provided in PG or Hostel based on request.
Assistance will be provided in getting employment for eligible candidates based on their performance
Seats are available on first come first serve basis
Candidates qualifying both in the telephonic and personal interview will only be admitted
For further queries get in touch with us:
Karna Vidya Foundation,
Ground Floor, RR Tower 3,
Thiru VI Ka Industrial Estate,
Guindy Chennai 600032.
Email ID: email@example.com
Admin : +91 9361 666 006
Chief Trainer : +91 9789 800 794