Date : 13 oct 2014
- Building an accessible Arena is a prime objective of millions of disabled friends in India.
- In order to represent and voice out such essential need to the society, Rotaract Club of Drishti with Karna Vidya Technology Centre conducted the first State level Conference on Accessibility for the visually impaired on 11th October 2014 at Institute of Mathematical Sciences, CIT Campus, Tharamani, Chennai.
- Mr. B. Suresh Kamath, MD, Patterns Design Software Instute inaugurated the conference along with Mr. Ramesh Srinivasan, Psychologist and RTN PS Suresh.
- It was then followed by three different sessions on Physical Access, Computer and Mobile access and Web access respectively.
- Experts such as Mam Smitha Sadasivam from Vidyasagar, Mr. Raveendar, Accessibility Engineer, Mam Poonkuzhali from ELCOT and DR Sam Tarapoervala from XRCVC, Mumbai were the resource persons who shared their thoughts on various topics during the plenary sessions.
- Among the 18, around 10 papers were presented and queries were addressed by the presenters effectively.
- The interactions between the Government official and the audience proved meaningful and constructive as the official promised to take forward the recommendations to the government.
- Mr. Subrahmanya Rao, Senior Director, Technology, CTS, Mr. Dinakar, DCPO, Southern Railways, RTN Sridhar and RTN Visvanathan from RCMC graced the valedictory function. The certificates were issued to the paper presenters and participants at the end of the day.